Thursday, August 23, 2012

20 weeks


This week, Baby is the size of a:
Banana  6.5 inches, 10.6 ounces

How far along? 
20 weeks 

Total weight gain/loss: 
10 pounds gained (eek!)

Maternity clothes? 
I'm in the big leagues now.  Shirts, pants, the whole shebang!  I have started noticing the my shoes are tighter...ugh!   

Sleep: 
Not going so well.  I have to eat a bagel or something heavy before bed or I get hungry in the middle of the night.  It really annoys me when I wake up hungry because I don't want to get up!  I have also started the wonderful habit of being awake or tossing and turning for 2-3 hours each night.

Best moment this week: 
Finding out you are progressing perfectly in my belly and finding out we are having a girl!  We brought Madelyn with us to the ultrasound and it was exciting to know your sister was there when we found out what gender you were.

Waiting to see if I am going to have a little brother or a little sister!
 Movement:  
I haven't been feeling as big of movements now but I do feel you a few times a day.  It's so neat to be at work and working on a project when I get a reminder you are in there.

Food cravings: 
Ummm...chocolate chip cookies.  These are a regular on the shopping list now.  Daddy even knows to get chocolate chip cookies and he has been indulging too!  I like the kind that you bake and we go through 1-2 packs of these a week!  

Symptoms: 
Honestly, besides being tired, I am really feeling terrific even with the lack of sleep.

Dr. Appts:
Aug 17th we found out you were a girl.  My next appointment I have a glucose test, I'm a little afraid for this one with all of the cookies I eat!





 Gender: 
I was a little  really shocked to find out your were a girl but I am looking forward to you joining our family.  I'm looking forward to having another best friend and daughter.  I want you and your sister to grow up loving and respecting each other.  You will always be each others closest and best friend.

Labor Signs:   
Nothing

Belly Button in or out? 
Still getting bigger!  Maddie still loves sticking her finger in it and she sticks it in so deep I scream sometimes!  I have always been funny about people touching my belly button (your Daddy does it to get a rise out of me) but I let you because you just discovered belly buttons and each night when we are reading you love to lift my shirt and see my belly button.  It's so cute, I can't resist!

Feeling toward Pregnancy: 
I feel thankful to be pregnant during everything that is going on with Daddy's job.  I was scared to be pregnant with Daddy's job "on the line" at first but am feeling so grateful to have you growing and thriving in my belly when all else is uncertain.

What I miss: 
Nothing.  Life is hard right now but this is all happening for a reason.  I know great things are coming our way.

What I am looking forward to: 
Watching sisters grow up together.  We went out to celebrate that you are having a little sister the night of the ultrasound.  We picked Daddy up from work and went to the park which you love to do these days.





Milestones: 
20 weeks!  Half way.

I love you Ducky. - Mama

1 comment:

  1. Halfway done!! Woohoo! Two girls - what an amazing blessing. Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete