Monday, July 30, 2012

Baby Kicks

A couple of weeks ago I felt a baby flutter in my tummy when I woke up one weekend morning.  I wasn't positive it was the baby so I couldn't really document it.  This past Saturday, while in Chicago, Jamie and I were lying on the sofa watching the London Olympics.  We had had a full day with Madelyn at Shedd's Aquarium, Millennium Park and Michigan Avenue.  We finally made it back to the apartment we were staying in and after putting Maddie down Jamie gave me a foot rub.  He had just finished rubbing my feet and we were relaxing on the sofa.  My feet rested in his lap as we both watched the games.  All of a sudden I felt a kick.  I didn't realize it was the baby and it startled me so much that I sat straight up and looked at Jamie because I thought he punched me in the stomach!  It was obvious that it wasn't him because he looked at me wondering what happened.  I told him the baby kicked and we both laughed at my reaction.  The kick was so hard I actually thought Jamie punched me from the outside, I didn't realize it happened from the inside at first!  I have to admit...this kick made me think it 's a boy.  Maddie was so different in my belly.  She moved seldom and when she did it was brief and gentle.  She rolled but never once did she do anything that resembled what this felt like at 17 weeks.  No matter what gender, I am excited.  We will find out in a few short weeks what we are having and the fun decorating begins from there.


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow - how exciting! The baby kicks are the best - my favorite part of pregnancy, for sure! I love that you think it's a boy - we'll see!!!

    ReplyDelete